Struman Optics Circular Polariser Filter ( aka CPL ) to fit the Portrait or Wide-Angle lens
The Struman Optics circular polariser filter ( aka CPL ) is an essential accessory for landscapes, seascapes and generally any outdoor photography. The polariser filter will even improve your food photography – removing reflections, creating maximum clarity of details on the plate!
This lens filter will have you feeling like you are cheating! Add more ‘Pop” to your images – more clarity, deep natural colours and saturation.
The circular polariser filter can be attached to the Struman Optics Cinematic wide-angle lens or Struman Optics Cinematic portrait lens (purchased after June 2019) via the included screw-in adaptor. This also means any other 55mm lens can also be attached to the front of your smartphone!
How do you use it?
- Attach it to your Cinematic portrait or wide-angle lens purchased after June 2019 via the included adaptor.
- Twist the circular polariser filter at the front and watch the changes in the image on the smartphone. It only takes a little back and forth twisting motion to find the desired optimum results.
Why do you need one?
- Reduces haze – made up of particles in the air that reflect light. The polarizer eliminates the haze
- Reduces and recovers highlights – smartphone like all cameras captures a limited dynamic range of light. The first light the camera sacrifices is the bright sky. The circular polariser filter recovers these details and brings details back into the bright areas
- Adds drama in clouds – darkening and bringing details in the clouds, adds drama to the imager
- Captures more colour – sun glare is always white. This reflection produces muted colours. The filter captures deeper and more vibrant colour
- Removes reflection – capture the scene under the reflective water surface, reduce reflective skin in portrait. Ever captured a travel photo from a tour bus and captured the reflection of the seat in front of you?
$67 course in every purchase included as a FREE video series
Video 1: Camera features explained and basic camera tips
Video 2: Principles – intention, compositional structure and lighting
Video 3: Six-step photo editing process to enhance any image iPhone or Android
Video 4: My favourite accessories available on the website – when and how to use them
Video 5: Flower image – combining most of the considerations, techniques and tips covered in the course